Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows update issues

- - - - -

Best Answer bambidbl , 12 June 2024 - 05:15 AM

Hello,first  thank you for your answer,you're spending a lot of time trying to help me and i appreciate it.Sorry about putting things onto the C: partition,it is a big lack of attention from m... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

bambidbl

bambidbl

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Hello,i have issues on my computer, some windows update that wont install.

I will put screenshots down below,let me know if you need anything.

Have a nice day

Attached Thumbnails

• image_2024-06-08_145658378.png

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,863 posts

Not sure on the Defender one but the failing Windows OS update see the solution provided courtesy of Ramesh Srinivasan here

Sort the Windows update, restart, run Speccy and post the url here for us if you will.

bambidbl

bambidbl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Hello,thanks but the solution on the forum did not work,i also dont have an error code as people do on the forum,waiting for your thoughts.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,863 posts

KB5034441: Windows Recovery Environment update for Windows 10, version 21H2 and 22H2: January 9, 2024 or alternatively, upgrade to Windows 11, MS has no plans to provide a proven fix for this issue with Windows 10 whereas Windows 11 has already been patched.

bambidbl

bambidbl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Will i be able to get back to windows 10 if issues present themselves?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,863 posts

You normally have a roll back period that lets you go back but I doubt that you will have issues + keep in mind that support for Windows 10 ends next year so you will have to update then in any event, you may even have to pay then as well, you have nothing to lose by tying it, save to a USB thumbdrive the drivers that you know that you will need.

bambidbl

bambidbl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Ok,i will do that.

By "the drivers you need",wich one exactly?

Edit: I just got a bsod,sending what needs to be sent...

http://speccy.pirifo...nHv3UpfjlY0sM4T

see you next time.

Attached Files

Edited by bambidbl, 08 June 2024 - 04:09 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,863 posts

Surprised that you still need to ask what drivers  :D

AMD chipset and VGA drivers, both of which you must get from here before updating to Windows 11, as soon as Windows 11 is installed, disconnect from the Internet, install the chipset drivers, restart but don`t go online, install the VGA drivers, restart then use the computer as you normally would.

Latest BSOD caused by the exact same thing as from day one and no surprises here that it has happened on the very same day that Windows has updated and guess what, the recent update that would not install has now installed, problem is that it has installed four times four times for some reason  :headscratch:

The recent failed Windows Defender update has also now safely installed.

Suggest that you just get on and update to Windows 11 and be done, call me a cynic but I suspect that is what Microsoft would rather people did in any event.

bambidbl

bambidbl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Hello,thank you,sorry for asking drivers again,i just dont trust myself about that and prefer asking you instead of installing wrong things🙂

I will update to windows 11 and get back to you

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,863 posts

Give yourself bit of credit, you have stuck with this when others would have given up long ago.

I`m sure that you will be fine but good luck with it, we will look out for your update, don't rush things and do it all at your own pace   :thumbsup:

Advertisements

bambidbl

bambidbl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Hello,i did install the chipset but vga is apparently incompatible with the hardware i have.
I looked it up and it is about amd fou.As I use a nvidia gpu,could it be the issue?

Edit: 

pc crashing again,sending what you need(no dump file idk why)

http://speccy.pirifo...yWqNh1SLUoxQrXW

Attached Files

• Attached File  MTB.txt   4.69KB   6 downloads

Edited by bambidbl, 09 June 2024 - 07:41 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,863 posts

Your CPU has AMD Vega graphics and the drivers at the link provided are what you should be installing for that, not your add on video card.

bambidbl

bambidbl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

well,when i open the setup it tells me i have an incompatible build,idk why

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,863 posts

If it won`t install there is nothing that you can do about it and as said the drivers are for the CPUs video and not your Nvidea GPU.

Suggest that you download, install and run the ASRock App Shop for your board to see what driver updates it recommends.

bambidbl

bambidbl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Hello,i had already installed it after you asked me previously,no update recquired there.