Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows update issues

- - - - -

Best Answer bambidbl , 12 June 2024 - 05:15 AM

Hello,first  thank you for your answer,you're spending a lot of time trying to help me and i appreciate it.Sorry about putting things onto the C: partition,it is a big lack of attention from m... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,863 posts

Make sure that you have the latest drivers for your GPU, go here

Crash dmps are different in Windows 11, see copy/paste info below;

Open Windows start menu and type: control panel
Press ENTER
Select System and Security > System.
Select Advanced system settings, and then select the Advanced tab.
In the Startup and Recovery area, select Settings.
Make sure that Kernel memory dump or Complete memory dump is selected under Writing Debugging Information.

Restart the computer.

Any more crashes let us know and we will provide you with the info for how to get the dmps for us.

Advertisements

bambidbl

bambidbl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Getting back to you about that hdd,it seems like there is a real problem.
When i m in call on discord,if the hdd reboots,my mic cuts for a few seconds.
Have a good day

Edit: Got a crash with different error code.

http://speccy.pirifo...05jps2hZWTFnNhU

Edit nº2:
I also have another issue,when i try to run a chkdsk scan on booting it just doesnt work,using the command « chkdsk /r /C: »

Attached Files

Edited by bambidbl, 11 June 2024 - 11:38 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,863 posts
Getting back to you about that hdd,it seems like there is a real problem.
When i m in call on discord,if the hdd reboots,my mic cuts for a few seconds.

Not sure why you think that the HDD has got anything to do with Discord or what you mean by " if the hdd reboots my mic cuts for a few seconds "

Discord is an Internet service for one thing and if your HDD was rebooting at all that would mean that Windows was shutting down and reloading both of which would lead to any internet connection service being lost.

Edit nº2:
I also have another issue,when i try to run a chkdsk scan on booting it just doesnt work,using the command « chkdsk /r /C: »

Sorry to be so harsh but you are bringing problems upon yourself, you were advised to clean install Windows onto its own partition to protect it from such issues yet you are filling up the new Windows C: partition with heaven knows what.

Partition 1
Partition ID: Disk #0, Partition #1
Disk Letter: C:
File System: NTFS
Volume Serial Number: BA5D51D2
Size: 243 GB
Used Space: 122 GB (50%)
Free Space: 120 GB (50%)

The above is the used and free space on the new Windows 11 partition on  09 Jun 2024 @ 15:40;

The below is the used and free space on the new Windows 11 partition on 11 Jun 2024 @ 13:26;

Partition 1
Partition ID: Disk #0, Partition #1
Disk Letter: C:
File System: NTFS
Volume Serial Number: BA5D51D2
Size: 243 GB
Used Space: 160 GB (65%)
Free Space: 83 GB (35%)

So within the space of only two days you have saved 38GB of whatever to what is supposed to be a protected Windows boot partition and OS  :(

Always happy to help but there comes a time when we have to call a halt if members do not stick to the advised and I`m afraid that you are getting close to that point.

Edit to add: I don`t read French but can see enough to be able to tell you that your Discord problem was caused by your Webcache, the BSOD and MTB Windows problems are explained in the attachment below;

Attached Thumbnails

• Corrupt pagefile BSOD.jpg

bambidbl

bambidbl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
✓  Best Answer

Hello,first  thank you for your answer,you're spending a lot of time trying to help me and i appreciate it.

Sorry about putting things onto the C: partition,it is a big lack of attention from me and i have no excuse...

I found a solution online that fixed the issue i had with the chkdsk service,and when running the scan it detected and fixed a whole lot of things.This scan fixed the issues i had on windows update,and all problems are gone for now.

I will get back to you if anything happens,you have a good day.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,863 posts
I found a solution online that fixed the issue i had with the chkdsk service,and when running the scan it detected and fixed a whole lot of things.This scan fixed the issues i had on windows update,and all problems are gone for now.

That is good news, do you have a link to the info that you used, it sounds helpful.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,863 posts

Being that the OP revisited the forum but chose not to reply this thread will be marked as solved.