Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pc Crashing on game launch

Please Help Me

• Please log in to reply

SgtSpiccolo

SgtSpiccolo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi, i was gaming for a couple hours the other day on my PC, i was in a game just about to finished, however my pc suddenly restarted and whenever i try to launch the game now it black screens and restarts my pc.

I have tried switching GPU's all brand new and still nothing, other games run fine but now all games which are intensive seem to crash my pc. Do you have any idea what could be causing this.

I can run games like DC Universe, League of legends but now all the demanding games like PUBG, ARK and Fortnight all crash my pc on launch restarting it.

Im not quite sure what could have component could have been damaged that day as the pc was pretty hot and now doesn't run most of the intensive games, however less intensive games which require a lot less ram, run very well with good graphics. 

Does anyone have any suggestions as im not quite sure what component could have been damaged by over heating whether RAM, PSU or Motherboard.

Pc Specs

Asus Z490 A Prime

I7 10700k

1650 super 

32gb 2x16 Ram Sticks 

650Watts 80 gold Psu 

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,864 posts
 games which are intensive seem to crash my pc

Software such as Windows can crash and when it does crash you get a BSOD and when enabled a crash dmp is generated, programs or games when they crash can on occasion close to the desktop but the computer will still be 100% functional.

Hardware failure such as a weak power supply and/or overheating are not software related and when a computer for example suddenly turns off, freezes or the screen goes black etc  the behaviour should be described as the "computer shut down unexpectedly" or froze etc and not as having crashed as the latter implies a software issue as opposed to an obvious hardware issue when described properly.

Having the correct info means that helpers will not be looking for a software issue when the problem is clearly hardware related.

Can you explain what exactly happens.

1650 super 

This model of GPU was released almost five years ago yet you say " I have tried switching GPU's all brand new "

Is the GPU out of the box new and still covered by warranty.

32gb 2x16 Ram Sticks 

What speed is the RAM.

650Watts 80 gold Psu 

Sounds great but a PSU is only as good as the brand that makes it and the age of the unit itself.

What is the brand and model name or number of the PSU and how old is it.

Is the Windows Power Plan set to Balanced.

Please click on the Follow this topic tab, top right corner of the page, this so that we can see that you are following your thread, you should then also receive notification when there is any new reply for you.

Your thread needs to be moved to a more appropriate forum, we will know which particular forum once we have your update.